Did you lose your passport while waiting for your next flight in Sabiha Gökçen Airport? Don’t worry. If you read this article carefully, you can quickly fix the problem.
One of the biggest fears of those who travel frequently is to lose their passport in SAW Airport.
Did you know that 50,000 British citizens lost their passports at the airport in 2019? Terrible! Especially if you lost your passport between two flights.
If you lost your passport at Sabiha Gökçen Airport, just follow the steps listed below;
1) Take a deep breath and go to a quiet corner. Carefully unload your hand luggage and review it again. You probably found your passport there 🙂
2) Can’t find it? Go back to the last security point you passed and ask for the inside of the x-ray device to be checked.
3) If it is not there, our problem is growing. Now listen carefully to the airport announcements. Maybe your passport was delivered to the lost property office.
4) Quickly call the consulate of your country and explain the situation. If you do not have a local telephone line, ask for assistance from the nearest airport staff. You’ve already noted the consular phone number, right? If not you can find consulate contact numbers here
5) Report this situation to the airport police and ensure that a report is kept.
6) The consular officer will issue an emergency passport for you and deliver it to you quickly. If you have a photocopy of your lost passport, this process will take even shorter time, perhaps you will not miss your flight.
7) If you inform the airline company while waiting for your passport, they will be able to transfer your ticket to the next available flight. If you are lucky, they will not charge you additional fees.
8) You gave the report you received from the police to the consular officer and received your passport. I hope 🙂
As you can see, how you easily survived this problem by staying calm and behaving systematically. Never forget to have some extra with you during your trip.